FCP 6 Render and Stability issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 29th, 2007, 03:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP 6 Render and Stability issues

(Using a mac pro 5gb ram, Final cut 6.0.1)
I I've been editing a project for the past three weeks, and I've been using the smooth cam filter/freeze frame functions a good deal...anyways the the point. Basically every-time I render one part of the sequence all the smoothcam and freeze frame clips that were previously rendered become un-rendered again...no prompts for missing render files comes up. The worse part of it is whenever the playhead is dragged or placed above the freeze frame final cut crashes occasionally. One version of the project crashes every time it tries to load a certain sequence...The project is 13.9mb, but that shouldn't matter should it? The problem seems to be within the renderiing stage mainly...I think the two problems are interconnected.

If anyone knows another simple way to freeze a set of 4+ split screen clips and then make them move together without using the freeze frame ability I'd love to know. If so it could be a possible workaround.

If anyone knows about problems like this please post! Thanks!
Jeremiah Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 03:26 PM   #2
New Boot

I think you would get a response on the apple discussion forums:

http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

Are you using safe or unlimited RT?
Peter Hoare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm using unlimited RT
Jeremiah Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 05:35 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I checked the ram usage, and gave all aspects more...repaired the disk permissions (lots of one dealing with the library)...things seem to be working now. Freeze frame issue and crashing might have originated when the project became pretty complicated...more allocated ram seems to have fixed it.
Jeremiah Patton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite