Workflow for V1U/Final Cut Pro - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 2nd, 2007, 02:15 PM   #16
Major Player

So what I'm hearing is in FCP 6.0.2 use the 1080i60 easy setup preset when capturing 24a footage from the V1U and because of the nature of the open timeline FCP will automatically do the pulldown and convert the footage and timeline into true 23.98, instead of the 60i container it's stored in on tape.

However when going back to for archiving on mini-dv tapes or making an HDCAM tape I would need to reintroduce said pulldown before the footage could be stored on tape.

The 1080p24 easy setup in FCP only works with the Canon XHA1 and not with any of the V1's 24p recording modes?

Do I have that right?

Sorry to highjack the thread but this is what the OP was asking right? I wanna know too because I might be having to handle the same situation sometime soon.
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 02:26 PM   #17
Regular Crew

answers?

anyone have an answer to that? i need to know the same things
Trey Dillen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite