Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 29th, 2007, 04:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

A question about Leopard...

Ron Priest's post got me thinking

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showpost....0&postcount=14

I'm running FCS2 on Mac Pro with Tiger, and i'm soon to buy a MacBook Pro which i assume will be pre-installed with Leopard...

It's a pessimistic view, (but realistic) to assume there WILL be bugs with Leopard, but would anybody imagine any compatibility issues with running HD 720P workflows between the two units with different OSX?

And the QT Bugs, has anybody had any joy of late?
Neil Rostance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 02:11 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I have Leopard installed on a second internal HD. Leopard and FCP (6.02) seems to work right but I can't open any Tiger created projects (same version FCP) in Leopard. I get error message "This project is unreadable or may be too new for this version of final cut".
Poppe Johansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 03:46 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I installed Leopard on my iMac and it seems to be working fine. I haven't found any problems with Final Cut or anything. The only problems I'm having are that it won't open Adobe Photoshop CS (but I got that from a friend for free so it's not that big of a deal) and my printer doesn't work with Leopard. Other than that I don't see any problem with Leopard as of right now.
Jerrod Cordell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrod Cordell View Post
The only problems I'm having are that it won't open Adobe Photoshop CS (but I got that from a friend for free so it's not that big of a deal)
I think some people from adobe would beg to differ
Nate Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Benson View Post
I think some people from adobe would beg to differ
Well it sucks that it won't work, but at least I didn't pay like $700 for it. That's all I'm saying.
Jerrod Cordell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #6
Trustee

yeah, cause that would suck to have to *pay* for other people's products...I'm going to go to the convenience store and take some soda and chips now...I'll ttyl.
Old November 30th, 2007, 09:35 PM   #7
Go Go Godzilla

Neil,

The issue won't be moving between a Tiger or Leopard system it's whether or not both systems have the same version of FCP and QT, that's the real bugger.

Make sure they match each other with application versions when you start your project. And more importantly, once you start your project *don't make any upgrades until it's finished*.
Old December 1st, 2007, 12:47 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks Robert, i think that might be some good advice there.

I'll be very wary about it all, i just can't wait to get my hands on leopard!
Neil Rostance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 05:50 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I'm just experiencing this problem for the first time with 2 different projects on two different external harddrives. I opened them fine yesterday. I have not made any changes since.

I get the error message: "This project is unreadable or may be too new for this version of final cut"

I am running Leopard, MacBookPro 2.4ghz. Latest version of Final Cut Studio, with all updates.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
Matt Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #10
Go Go Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Duke View Post
I'm just experiencing this problem for the first time with 2 different projects on two different external harddrives. I opened them fine yesterday. I have not made any changes since.

I get the error message: "This project is unreadable or may be too new for this version of final cut"

I am running Leopard, MacBookPro 2.4ghz. Latest version of Final Cut Studio, with all updates.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
Download Onyx for Mac (free download); run all of it's maintenance routines and reboot. If the error message persists check the forums; I've seen other with similar problems but don't remember the fix.

If nothing else, try calling Apple Pro support directly: 800-275-2273. If you just purchase FCS2 you'll have free complimentary support.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite