DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Mac DVD printing label software (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/109429-mac-dvd-printing-label-software.html)

Paul Cronin December 3rd, 2007 01:52 PM

Mac DVD printing label software

When I was on a PC I used Sure Thing CD/DVD Labeler which worked great but they do not have a Mac version. So now I am looking to see what people are using on the Mac to print labels? I use a Bravo II to burn and print the SD DVD's.

Matt Stahley December 3rd, 2007 01:56 PM

Toast Titanium has disc printing / label creation software included. Works pretty well.

Paul Cronin December 3rd, 2007 02:09 PM

Thanks Matt looks nice but I am only looking for the label/printing software I have great burn software.

Paul Cronin December 3rd, 2007 02:30 PM

How about Magic Mouse 4.2?

Jonathan Schwartz December 3rd, 2007 07:36 PM

Try Disc Label by Neato

I use Disclabel by Neato and it is great. The software is very user friendly and it accepts all formats of graphics. You can choose from hundreds of templates by any manufacturer and even some direct to disc printers. I produce about 1000 DVD's per month and this program has never let me down.

Jonathan Schwartz
Owner, CA Video Productions

Bob Kerner December 3rd, 2007 07:57 PM

Disc Cover

Available through Apple for about $50.

William Hohauser December 3rd, 2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Cronin (Post 786556)
When I was on a PC I used Sure Thing CD/DVD Labeler which worked great but they do not have a Mac version. So now I am looking to see what people are using on the Mac to print labels? I use a Bravo II to burn and print the SD DVD's.

Use the Mac printing software that Primera supplies with the Bravo II. It's called Discus for Bravo. Don't use the regular Discus software, the version Primera supplies is specially written for the Bravo loading mechanism.

It's not the greatest layout program, sort of written for home movie DVDs, but you can import Photoshop files.

Paul Cronin December 4th, 2007 08:06 AM

Thanks I am checking the options.

Matthew Pugerude December 4th, 2007 10:19 AM

Discus for Bravo

Will this program take native psd files or do you have to turn it into a Jpeg first like you do on the PC side?

Paul Cronin December 4th, 2007 10:39 AM

Good question Matthew.

Do you know the answer Jonathan? I have an email into support to see if it will work with my Bravo II machine.

Robert Lane December 4th, 2007 11:04 AM

There may be a simpler method: The Epson printers that can print onto CD/DVD media comes with an application called, "Epson Print CD". This allows you to insert any image type into the application and properly size it for the media.

I created my own DVD labels using Photoshop then imported that into the Epson app. Works perfectly.

Matthew Pugerude December 4th, 2007 11:32 AM

Epson Print CD

From what I remember of the Epson Print CD labling program it has its own file extention so it will not work with the Bravo II. It needs a jpeg or the sure thing (which I think even that was just a Jpeg) I use the Bravo SE and just make the file into a Jpeg and print. They are at 300 dpi and print at 72 dpi. So no one ever notices any problems with the Jpeg print.

And if they are going to seriously complain about it they should not hire me with my $1200.00 duper they should go to a big house and get a multi color print.

Paul Cronin December 4th, 2007 11:34 AM

Thanks Matthew

Matthew Pugerude December 4th, 2007 11:55 AM

by the way

I forgot to tell you that I use Photoshop to make the lables. I made a templete in photoshop. I open that and save it as a new photoshop file with the lable title then I edit away with all the layers intact. When done I save it as a jpeg and save the photoshop file. So if I need to make changes later it is not a big hassle.

Paul

Have you tried Primera's Discus for the Mac yet?

If so how do you like it.

Paul Cronin December 4th, 2007 12:37 PM

Matthew I looked it over an it seems very similar to Sure Thing that I was using on the PC.

I am downloading it now.