DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   who is using FCS2 on a macbookpro and what graphics card do you have? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/109982-who-using-fcs2-macbookpro-what-graphics-card-do-you-have.html)

Edward Pahati December 11th, 2007 11:46 AM

who is using FCS2 on a macbookpro and what graphics card do you have?

I have a macbookpro and i am thinking of installing FCS2 on it. but i noticed that my graphics card may be under the "recommended" cards listed on the apple site. is there anyone that has installed it anyways, disregarding their recommendations? if so, are the apps running smoothly?

i just wanna know beforehand so i don't waste time installing it and eventually find out that my macbookpro isn't up to the challenge...

thanks.

-edward

Nate Benson December 11th, 2007 12:19 PM

I'm running FCS2 with a RadeonX1600
seems to work fine for me.

Evan C. King December 14th, 2007 12:37 AM

Me too, mbp with 128mb x1600

Jerrod Cordell December 16th, 2007 02:59 AM

I don't have a Macbook Pro, but my iMac has the exact same specs as your MBP and Final Cut works just fine on mine. I could use some more RAM, but the graphics are fine.

Edward Pahati December 17th, 2007 08:39 AM

thanks guys.

i installed fcs2 on the mbp and it seems to be running fine. maybe a little slower than i want, of course (could never have a comp run fast enough). Just like Jerrod said, i think i wouldn't hurt to add more RAM on my mbp as well.

-edward

Sean Seah December 17th, 2007 10:38 PM

how does it go with motion? The Macbook Pro's graphics card is Geforce isnt it? I'm looking to upgrade to Mac but i was told in some forums to wait a little longer till next mth. However I'm keen to have a Mac Pro rather than a MB Pro so far.. price seems similar for me

Looking to go for FCPS2 and editing HDV+HD mainly. Initial plans is to run Mac Pro but now I m waiting till after Mac world to decide.

Jerrod Cordell December 18th, 2007 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Seah (Post 794490)
how does it go with motion? The Macbook Pro's graphics card is Geforce isnt it? I'm looking to upgrade to Mac but i was told in some forums to wait a little longer till next mth. However I'm keen to have a Mac Pro rather than a MB Pro so far.. price seems similar for me

Looking to go for FCPS2 and editing HDV+HD mainly. Initial plans is to run Mac Pro but now I m waiting till after Mac world to decide.

Intel is updating their processors around January, and it is rumored (meaning it is true) that the Macbook Pros are going to have an upgrade to the new Penryn Processors. Intel is also updating their Xeon processors which means the Mac Pro is gonna upgrade sometime soon as well. Either way, I would wait until after Macworld to see what's coming up in the near future.