DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 20th, 2008, 09:20 AM   #1
New Boot

Final Cut 6 crash/quit on P2 Log and Transfer

All 16Gb P2 cards already downloaded to FW drive in separate folders. Some of the folders are importing just fine. Other folders crash final cut (quits out) when you try to add them to the list. 720p24 format. Running FCP 6.0.2 on intel MacPro 8 core. Any help greatly appreciated!

Best,
David Didato
David Didato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 09:40 AM   #2
Wrangler

David, I removed the other two identical threads you placed in other forums. We have a no cross posting policy at DVINFO. Please pick one, and only one forum where you feel the topic is appropriate. We want all responses to a given issue in one thread to make researching answers easier for folks later on down the line.

Thanks,

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 09:42 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quicktime 7,4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Didato View Post
All 16Gb P2 cards already downloaded to FW drive in separate folders. Some of the folders are importing just fine. Other folders crash final cut (quits out) when you try to add them to the list. 720p24 format. Running FCP 6.0.2 on intel MacPro 8 core. Any help greatly appreciated!

Best,
David Didato
I don't have experience with 6,0, but see my post: a lot of instability after installing QT 7,4 - looking very similar.

Whatever you do, I still unable to find the real reason behind it. Re-installing is probably the only solution.

The internet is full of complaints about QT 7,4.
Dirk Bouwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #4
New Boot

Qt 7.4

Good point Dirk, and I deliberately did NOT upgrade to QT 7.4 because I was waiting to hear about potential issues. The Mac Pro with FCP that's crashing is running Tiger. I'm going to also try it on a Leopard machine later. Thanks.
David Didato is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite