DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Question on Compressor (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/113453-question-compressor.html)

Gary Williams January 28th, 2008 09:04 PM

Question on Compressor

Dose anyone know how to reinstall compressor by it self with out having to install the whole final cut studio package. Thanks in advance Gary Williams

Chris Harris January 28th, 2008 09:35 PM

I think if you put in the first FCS disc and start the install program, it'll ask you which programs you want to install, so you'd just uncheck all the boxes except for Compressor.

I'm not certain of this though.

Robert Lane January 28th, 2008 10:18 PM

Depending on which version of Compressor you are using, Apple has documents available on their support site for this exact procedure. You do need to delete the old files (which live in several different locations) prior to doing the re-install, so follow the instructions carefully.

This applies to Compressor version 3; if you have an older version I'm not sure if those same instructions will apply.

Brian David Melnyk January 29th, 2008 01:49 AM

I had problems reinstalling ONLY compressor from the install disc (it wanted to reinstall everything and would not let me 'uncheck' them), so I used the shareware 'Pacifist' program to do so, and also to analyze and crosscheck files after to make sure the install was 100% successful (it wasn't: the HDV codecs were missing, amongst some other things, so I just used pacifist to install the specific missing elements).
Very handy program!

Gary Williams January 29th, 2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian David Melnyk (Post 816358)
I had problems reinstalling ONLY compressor from the install disc (it wanted to reinstall everything and would not let me 'uncheck' them), so I used the shareware 'Pacifist' program to do so, and also to analyze and crosscheck files after to make sure the install was 100% successful (it wasn't: the HDV codecs were missing, amongst some other things, so I just used pacifist to install the specific missing elements).
Very handy program!

I have the newest version FCS 6.0.2 I did remove the file as stated in the post before yours and when I went to install just like you state it wont let me reinstall just compressor and motion it has everything checked in a faded gray check so I cant uncheck them but it also showed install on only compressor and motion and update on most of the other stuff and it said I will need 9 gig of space to install so I am hoping even though it is prompting me to put in all the discs its not actually installing everything again do to the fact that the whole application is allot more than 9 gigs. so I guess I will find out here soon enough, keeping my fingures crossed.

Brian David Melnyk January 30th, 2008 12:49 AM

I also went ahead with the uninstall/re-install as per instructions from Apple, but it never got Compressor running properly... (FCP Studio 2, iMac intel core 2 duo). Much grief with Compressor!!!
Pacifist was the only solution that worked and showed me exactly which files were missing, and installed them only. The other way seemed like flying blind..

Mike Flynn January 30th, 2008 01:54 PM

FWIW, I've gone through the same thing. Pacifist was the only solution that worked for me.