DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 5th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Corrupt files??!

OK I have a somewhat freaky situation going on here. I'll start with how I captured the material. On annitial acquisition I used dvrack to capture dvcpro50 avi files. The avi capture was actually an accident (mac user). Regardless after the shoot I was able to dump the footage onto my mac and import the avi files into my FCP project. Literally no problems for months, until today. I opened my project and all of the clips that were the avi files were green?? I could hear audio but no video is showing up. When trying to render the messege "Codec not found. You may be using a compression type without the corrsponding hardware card." pops up. So I went to the source files on my media drive and tried to play them back in quicktime, VLC, Windows Media Player etc... and they won't play back correctly...the picture is gone, although I can hear audio. Somehow the files got corrupted. As I said before I have had these files on my HD for months and they have played back just fine. Does anyone know what to do. I'm sweating here
Daniel Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #2
Major Player

It sounds like you've been hit with the QT 7.4 upgrade problem. If you do a search for QuickTime 7.4 issues you'll find others with your problem. The solution is to get rid of 7.4 and revert to 7.3. This should solve your problem.
Rick L. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 11:16 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick L. Allen View Post
It sounds like you've been hit with the QT 7.4 upgrade problem. If you do a search for QuickTime 7.4 issues you'll find others with your problem. The solution is to get rid of 7.4 and revert to 7.3. This should solve your problem.
actually I'm still running 7.2. I wish it was that easy. I wonder if I upgraded to 7.3 if that would do it. I'll try it and see. thanks for responding.
Daniel Lang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite