DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 4th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP 5.1.X update problem

So I bought fcp 5.1 and upgraded to 5.1.2 so I could edit HDV 24p, all was dandy... But when I had to reinstall fcp I found out that much to my dismay Apple has removed all the fcp v5 updates from their website, no doubt, in an attempt to "encourage" fcp 5 users to shell out $500 more dollars to upgrade to version 6. After over an hour of hold time on apple's "support" line and a few bumbling conversations with technical support "experts" I heard nothing to make me think that this is not the case. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Anyone know where I can download this update? I'm not shelling out $500 ($500 i don't have...)
Cal Bickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM   #2
Major Player

The update is hidden on a page with a misleading title. The links to it are described with ambiguous, unrelated, and sometimes inflammatory words that don't even form a sentence.
Daniel Browning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 11:50 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Browning View Post
The update is hidden on a page with a misleading title. The links to it are described with ambiguous, unrelated, and sometimes inflammatory words that don't even form a sentence.
What does that even mean?

So let me get this straight. FCP5.1 users can no longer click on software update and get upgraded to 5.1.4? I'm pretty sure I could when I installed Leopard in November.
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 01:34 AM   #4
Trustee

just run automatic software update in system prefs. that will do the job
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite