Any experience with AG-dv2000 or dv2500? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 5th, 2003, 12:17 PM   #1
Trustee

Any experience with AG-dv2000 or dv2500?

My sony walkman deck has taken it's second dump in six months, so I think it's time to look elsewhere. I've been examining the specs on the Panasonic Decks and would like to know if anyone has used the newer ag-dv2500, and how it compares to the 2000.

Additionally, anyone with information on the difference between BNC composite connectors versus RCA composite connectors gets a free beer next time you're in my neck of the woods....(the dv2000 has BNC, the dv2500 has RCA).

thanks

Barry
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2003, 04:24 PM   #2
Trustee

Ok...so a beer wasn't enough....how about some designer tequila....?

Barry
Old July 8th, 2003, 04:42 PM   #3
Warden

There is no difference between the quality of the signal from an RCA connecter vs a BNC. The BNC connector is preferred by professionals because it is a more secure connection. It is unlikely to come unplugged. RCA connectors can be problematic, between the fitting, soldier, excess strain etc. In a home studio, I don't see much of an advantage.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2003, 05:10 PM   #4
Trustee

thanks jeff.
Old July 9th, 2003, 08:21 AM   #5
Regular Crew

agdv1000

on the recommendation of a friend, I have a agdv1000 on order for $900. it is the predecessor to the 2000. I can't tell you the difference but he does enough editing that I took his recommendation at face value so I'm crossing my fingers. Should be here today or tomorrow...It'll be nice to not tax my camera's further.
Old July 9th, 2003, 08:41 AM   #6
Trustee

bud

let us know how you like it...It seems that panasonic has discontinued it, but I checked a few days ago and it seems like there are plenty available, and the price is right.

Barry
Old July 9th, 2003, 03:03 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I can tell you now... :)

I'm off to float the Chulitna River (down South... North of Anchorage) in my one man raft on Friday. (two days from now). I really, really want to take my GL2 but I know the river is a real rock garden for the first 4 miles. I doubt that my raft (a small metzler) will go over but I'll probably just bring my little ZR10.

I'll give you a report on the dv1000 when I get back, but I know of at least one other person that has it and uses it with a GL1 and Final Cut Pro on a Mac and loves it.

And yeah, it's discontinued but it's still available for right about $900 and seems to be a good deal on an entry level decent deck.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite