DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 9th, 2003, 09:46 PM   #1
MPS Digital Studios

HELP! FCP to tape problems

I'm trying to dump from my Tibook (using FCP 3) to mini-dv tape (and also from my new 7200 rpm firewire drive) and the video is "sparkling" and the audio is "glitching." It sucks....HELP!

And I'm suing a new firewire cable (and I'm not seeing these problems on my Mac).

heath
Old July 10th, 2003, 10:16 AM   #2
Regular Crew

mix down?

did you mix down the audio? first thing to try....
Old July 10th, 2003, 03:15 PM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

Re: mix down?

<<<-- Originally posted by Bud Kuenzli : did you mix down the audio? first thing to try.... -->>>

Gave it a shot, still getting the visible hits on the video (and matching sounds). Definitely isn't the cables or on the drives (plays fine on my TiBook). Didn't do this last week...

heath
Old July 10th, 2003, 07:25 PM   #4
Warden

You can try trashing the preferences for FCP. How full is the drive?

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2003, 07:32 PM   #5
MPS Digital Studios

<<<-- Originally posted by Jeff Donald : You can try trashing the preferences for FCP. How full is the drive? -->>>

Not too full...I wonder if it's the HD10 I'm using (in DV mode)...

I'm just doing it on a friend's G4 tower (transferring the clips and stuff...Man, this is huge and will take forever).

heath
Old July 10th, 2003, 08:15 PM   #6
Warden

You could try another camera if possible. If the drives aren't very full you don't need to worry about fragmented drives. You can transfer the media via FireWire target mode. It goes fast that way. Power down the laptop and restart with the T key held down. You should see FireWire symbol on the screen and the laptop drive will appear on the towers desktop.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2003, 08:43 PM   #7
MPS Digital Studios

<<<-- Originally posted by Jeff Donald : You could try another camera if possible. If the drives aren't very full you don't need to worry about fragmented drives. You can transfer the media via FireWire target mode. It goes fast that way. Power down the laptop and restart with the T key held down. You should see FireWire symbol on the screen and the laptop drive will appear on the towers desktop. -->>>

I don't have another camera, unfortunately...I'll try that out. But I'm not seeing these hits when I'm playing back on the computer.

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite