Ease In/Ease Out Photographs - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 8th, 2008, 02:41 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I must thank all of your for taking the time out of your busy lives to provide this more than helpful information. You have given me a number of different options to try, which will be very useful.

I do not have AE, but I do have Motion (not sure if you can do this trick in there, but it may be worth a shot).

I will definitely read up on the manual and try to understand this vector speed ramp information, which is new to me at the moment.

Thanks again!
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:42 AM   #17
New Boot

I use FCE and for ken Burn effects on pictures I use a software called Fotomagico which is made for Macs only. You build the diaporama from your iPhoto or Aperture library and can export it directly to DVD, QuickTime, Mpeg4 and even includes webtemplates. It also encodes in H.264 in SD and HD.

I usually make a DV clip with it and drop it into my timeline. Works great for me. It cost 50$ for the regular version and 125$ for the Pro version that will do HD and is more flexible. Here's the link:

http://www.boinx.com/fotomagico/overview/

Best regards

Luc Fontaine
DocuFilm
Luc Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM   #18
Major Player

I'll have to say that I agree with Bill. I have had to do this numerous times and when done as described in the manual gives more than satisfactory results. It does have a bit of a learning curve, but in my experience, anything worth doing has one.

Everyone is going to have their personal preferences and work styles, but for me I prefer to keep it in FCP.
Frank Simpson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite