DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   FCP photoshop and converting footage to B&W tri-x pan look (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/119120-fcp-photoshop-converting-footage-b-w-tri-x-pan-look.html)

Manuel Fantoni April 11th, 2008 07:50 AM

FCP photoshop and converting footage to B&W tri-x pan look

In Photoshop i can convert my still picture in B&W giving a kodadk 400 iso tri-x look,i can do that with different filters or custom setup.

Setup and look that i'm not able to replicate in FCP,nor in magic bullet LOOKs filter.

My question is if i can import a movie file to photoshop giving the TRI-X b&w look using the filter and exporting in some way this settings.

If not in FCP would it be possible to do the settings export in Premiere Pro or After Effects,considering that are part of the same family of software?

Or maybe is there an existing plugin that replicate Kodak TRI-X pan b&w look?

Robert Lane April 11th, 2008 10:28 AM

Try looking at the FxFactory list of built-in filters; I'm sure you'll find one that fits your needs.

However you can easily replicate the PS filter in FCP with combinations; use the 3-Way Color Corrector to desaturate the color. You can then add noise filters, grain or whatever else for effect. Lastly, go back to the 3-Way Color Corrector to adjust contrast/levels and you should have your Tri-X Pan look.

Manuel Fantoni April 11th, 2008 10:53 AM

Thanks Robert

actually they don't have a specific Tri-x filter.

I tried myself messing up with some settings but with no luck.

Actually would be great to import exactly "that" tri-x plugin i use in photoshop(Alien Skin Exposure 2)because i'd love to mix in the timeline pictures worked earlier with that filter,so to have a similar look.

Tim Dashwood April 11th, 2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel Fantoni (Post 858271)
My question is if i can import a movie file to photoshop giving the TRI-X b&w look using the filter and exporting in some way this settings.

Yes. You need Photoshop CS3 Extended version.

See this podcast.

David W. Jones April 12th, 2008 07:31 AM

export an image sequence from FCP, Import into PS and apply effects.

Manuel Fantoni April 12th, 2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David W. Jones (Post 858722)
export an image sequence from FCP, Import into PS and apply effects.

I did export a sequence i applied an effect in PS extended and after rendering and exporting again from photoshop the filter is applied only in 1 frame and not in the entire clip.

I can't figure out how to apply a filter(the tri-x for expamle) to the entire clip,could go frame by frame but would be extremely time consuming...................is probably simple to apply the effect/filter to the entire clip but did not find a solution so far.

In the helpful tutorial posted by Tim actually the filter/effects are applied in Photoshop only in few frame at the end of the clip.

David W. Jones April 13th, 2008 09:00 AM

Like I said, export an "Image" sequence.
Setup your FX in Photoshop, then apply Batch settings to the entire folder with all of your still pics, "Image Sequence".

You might take a peak at the Manual!

Good Luck!