DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Undocumented "feature" in FCP 6.0.3 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/119130-undocumented-feature-fcp-6-0-3-a.html)

Tim Dashwood April 11th, 2008 09:51 AM

Undocumented "feature" in FCP 6.0.3

I ran the "Pro Applications Update 2008-01" last night (which updates to FCP 6.0.3) and now I actually hear preview audio via the built-in speakers in log & capture and during the actual capture of HDV.
This option was never available before when capturing HDV and unfortunately doesn't have the setting to turn it off the way you can in the normal log & capture settings.
The only solution if you don't want to hear sound when capturing HDV is to mute your system speakers.

Anyone else notice this?

At least there are no more issues with "the project is unreadable or too new for this version of Final Cut Pro."

Release Notes

Geoff Murillo April 11th, 2008 11:20 AM

Hi Tim,

I ran the update last night too. I haven't captured any HDV material yet, but that's great news to hear (literally).

Before I processed the update, I checked the full release notes for all of the applications at: http://www.apple.com/support/release...Studio_2.0_rn/

I found something interesting in the notes - I started a thread under the Digital Video Industry News Forum because I thought it might imply support to a new yet-to-be-released camera - http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=119098

Maybe you can combine the posts here.

What do you think "HDV 1.4 codec with 4:2:2 support for Final Cut" means?

-Geoff

Tim Dashwood April 11th, 2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Murillo (Post 858384)

I don't know but I'll make sure to find out at the NAB FCPUG Supermeet. Apple will be at the Supermeet (but no booth at NAB this year.)

Geoff Murillo April 11th, 2008 11:46 AM

Tim,

I can't wait to hear you findings. Have a fun time in Vegas.

-Geoff

Andy Mees April 11th, 2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Murillo (Post 858384)
Hi Tim,

-Geoff

This is likely referring to the 50 Mb/s 422 MPEG HD format developed by Sony for their new second generation XDCAM HD camera (PDW-F700). XDCAM HD's MPEG HD format is a direct permutation of the basic HDV codec.

David Garvin April 11th, 2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood (Post 858329)
At least there are no more issues with "the project is unreadable or too new for this version of Final Cut Pro."

The knowledgebase article for that note wasn't there. Can you confirm that they've fixed this? That would be great news IMO

Gary Williams April 13th, 2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

I ran the "Pro Applications Update 2008-01" last night (which updates to FCP 6.0.3) and now I actually hear preview audio via the built-in speakers in log & capture and during the actual capture of HDV.
This option was never available before when capturing HDV and unfortunately doesn't have the setting to turn it off the way you can in the normal log & capture settings.
The only solution if you don't want to hear sound when capturing HDV is to mute your system speakers.

Anyone else notice this?

Release Notes

Tim so if I do the 6.0.3 download for final cut am I going to have any issues with current projects I am working on in final cut now or should I wait till I finish the stuff I am currently working on. Thanks Gary

Gary Williams April 14th, 2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood (Post 858391)
I don't know but I'll make sure to find out at the NAB FCPUG Supermeet. Apple will be at the Supermeet (but no booth at NAB this year.)

Tim while your there talking with apple why dont you find out when the blue-ray burner is coming out along with a supported update for dvd studio pro. Thanks in advance Gary Williams

Dave Ambrose June 19th, 2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Anyone else notice this?

Release Notes

Anyone find a solution ?