DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 13th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #1
New Boot

Two questions regarding exporting videos from iMovie

Hello, and thanks in advance for your help. I am relatively new to editing video for use on the internet. First I would like to know the best way to export for uploading to Youtube. Ive seen some people on the net say they export to ipod and then upload because it has twice the frame-rate as quicktime. Any thoughts? And next, what is the best way to export for playback through a projector. I know there are many different possible settings within the choices, but Im not sure where to start. I have been editing for quite some time, but uploading to the internet is quite new to me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Mike

Last edited by D.M. Durbin; April 13th, 2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Clarification
D.M. Durbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #2
Major Player

Export 640x480, H.264 at as high a bit rate as you can manage. Make sure to de-interlace. Do NOT use the direct-to-Youtube feature of iMovie '08.

Use whatever frame rate your movie was shot at. I'm not sure what "export to iPod and then upload because it has twice the frame-rate as quicktime" - Quicktime has any fame rate you want to give it - Youtube supports up to 30fps.
Dylan Pank is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite