DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 21st, 2008, 01:54 PM   #1
Go Go Godzilla

LAFCPUG Las Vegas SuperMeet

Did anyone attend the LAFCPUG meeting in 'Vegas? (I couldn't make it) If so, did the FCS product manager say anything or answer any questions about DVDSP getting Blu-Ray support?
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 03:58 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

I had to bail out early, but when I left, DV Info Net members Tim Dashwood, Lorinda Norton, Pete Bauer, Edward Troxel, Greg Boston, Doug Okamoto and who knows how many others were still there... plus Bill Davis, who was working the event. So there should be plenty of folks who can report about what happened there.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 05:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Sorry, I don't recall anything said about DVD SP at all that night from Apple.
Doug Okamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 05:53 PM   #4
Wrangler

I didn't listen to everything as I was there mainly to help Tim with his DVi ProHD display, but I did hear someone on stage ask the crowd if they wanted BluRay support and of course the response was thunderous.

All one can do is read between the lines...what I read was that they aren't ready to announce but want people to know that they're working on it.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 06:37 PM   #5
Go Go Godzilla

I'm sure if Apple had said something of consequence the forums would be lighting up about it.

Thanks for the response, guys. You can "lock" this Chris.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:29 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lane View Post
I'm sure if Apple had said something of consequence the forums would be lighting up about it.

Thanks for the response, guys. You can "lock" this Chris.
Yep, that was really all I was interested in finding out my self I was hoping apple would say something but kinda figured they would say nothing to the effect. Well looks like we are waiting another year!
Gary Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 12:32 PM   #7
LA FCP UG

I too was hoping Richard would say something about Blu-ray but understand Apple is forbidden to talk about future development. So it remains to be seen when Blu-ray support comes to FCS. In the meantime, Adobe will be at lafcpug, April 30 to show off their Encore/Blu-ray solution. And Apple will show off Final Cut Server.

http://www.lafcpug.org/user_schedule.html
Michael Horton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite