First Time set up - ProRess 422? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 4th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

First Time set up - ProRess 422?

I just got my Mac Pro and installed Final Cut Studio. I also installed the Intensity Pro Card for HDMI imports.

I have not installed the drivers for the Intensity Pro Card yet because the instructions say to make sure that I set up Final Cut BEFORE the drivers are installed.

When I open Final Cut it asks me to choose a preset. I have yet to find any ProRess 422 option that everyone keeps talking about!

I'm I missing something here?
Old May 4th, 2008, 06:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Assuming you have Final Cut 6 you will most likely not see it in the easy set up menu until you install the intensity card. For easy set up choose the format that matches your footage, then set your sequences and renders to pro res. You can also capture via pro res but I recommend for things like hdv to just set your sequences to pro res.
James Brill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 07:10 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Install the drivers

ProRes is an Apple codec not a Blackmagic codec. If it's missing there's a different reason. I think I remember initially not seeing ProRes in the easy set-up list but it's everywhere else (Sequence Settings/ Capture Settings).

If you've let Software update run since installing FCS, I think you're as far "set-up" as Blackmagic feels is appropriate to install the drivers. They don't require that you have a working project in place, just the software.

It's a great set-up you have there.
Paul E. Coleman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite