DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 19th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #1
New Boot

Green frames after putting subtitles...

I'm laying down French subtitles over English subs and covering the English with black. I am getting green pixels all over the image mostly at the beginning of the new subtitle text box on the timeline in FCP 6.

I did start with a source file ".m2v" that is NTSC. I then created a new sequence in PAL and I lay the .m2v file and then rendered and was able to play it. I then put the new subs down on the PAL sequence. Wondering if anyone knew what is causing this. Thanks for any help.

Also, when I export it at "current settings" it should export as PAL so I can make a PAL DVD correct? I am also getting out of sync audio in different scenes, not all of it...

MAC G5 Leopard
FCP 6.0.3
Marco Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:50 PM   #2
New Boot

Is it the correct way to work on an NTSC timeline since the source is NTSC, do the subs in NTSC timeline, export, and THEN do a conversion using Compressor?
Marco Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:48 PM   #3
New Boot

The NTSC export was fine. I went to Compressor to convert to PAL and I got the green pixel frames and the movie is out of sync.

Life sucks :)
Marco Rodriguez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite