audio pop from a wireless mic! HOW DO I FIX? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

audio pop from a wireless mic! HOW DO I FIX?

I used some sennheiser G2 evolution lapel mics for a wedding. When the pastor talks sometimes, there will be a static "glitch" or "pop" for a second. Sometimes its when he isnt talking and i can pull down the audio and its ok. But other times he is talking when it "pops" and I dont know how to fix or at least "limit" that. I heard SOundtrack pro? but it seems hard. does anyone know how I can fix this on FCP 6? instructions would be great. I used a dvx 100 panasonic cam with the wireless setup. thanks, mark
Mark Tarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:35 PM   #2
Regular Crew

That sounds like a problem with the strength of the signal between the transmitter and the receiver. Have you got line of sight there and what sort of distance? You may need to think about buying a distro which will take a big aerial into a box and feed it out to several receivers - more useful in a multi-mic setting though. Your best bet is to get the two closer and to make sure the receiver isn't hidden away under anything metal, preferably with line of sight.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 07:01 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I definately wasnt far from him. They are new mics that i have used in the past up to 100 yards away from subject. Regardeless of how the sound got there, I am more worried about how to dull it or reduce it in FCP or SOundtrack. Any Advice?
Mark Tarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:11 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I had wireless mics that would do this when the batteries were wearing down.

How long is the "pop"? If it's really, really short, you can extend the last bit of good sound by repeating it. If that doesn't work slightly slowing down the sound (not the video) can fill in the gap with a noticeable change in the pitch of the speaker. Longer pops are a real problem, did you have the camera mic running on the other channel?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite