DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Final cut pro question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/122710-final-cut-pro-question.html)

Ash Veres May 30th, 2008 01:16 AM

Final cut pro question

Hello,
I have a macbook pro and a Gy JVC Dv500 and final cut. I try to capture footage live but when i click capture it says there is a black screen and it says there is no time code. It also says the same thing hooked to my g5. I tried capturing while recording to tape but that didn't work. So if some one could help, PLEASE.

Christopher Drews May 30th, 2008 01:59 AM

Make sure firewire out is enable in the camera menu (ie live output).
Make sure you are set up correctly in FCP and use easy setup (ctrl + Q).
I don't have this camera so I can help beyond these suggestions.
-C

Edward Carlson May 30th, 2008 09:21 AM

If you are trying to capture live you need to change Device Control to Non-controllable device.

Carlos Ruz May 30th, 2008 12:19 PM

Preview disabled in DV mode capture window

Hi, new issue, i'm not the only one with this problem, when I work whit DV devices, in the capture windows appears COLORS BARS and a text over that say : PREVIEW DISABLED, The VTR Indicates that OK, I can remote the device, see the time code, mark tc in , tc out, but when I do batch capture, capture now or capture clip the follow message appears : Waiting for time code, no capture because there is no video, that problem only happend in DV device, my JVC PRO HD Device ( Camera Gy 110U an VCR JVC PRO HD ) are worked well but in HDV mode , when I turn on the DV mode in JVC PRO HD device , the same problem starting again, I tray with: XL2, XL1s, DVX100, DVCAM VCR, I change the firewire , This problem is present in My macbook pro intel and my Mac powerPC g5, both with FCP 6.0.2 , I reinstall all and the same problem is present in FCP 6.0, I install pro update, quicktime update, prokit update ETC.... the same problem. I lost a lot of time . Note that iMovie working well, note that my ibook g4 with FCP 5.0.2 working well in DV mode, Note that with FCP 6.0.3 the issue SEARCHING FOR MEDIA is present when working with JVC PRO HD in HDV mode. So, what happend Apple??? Some people say that the problem is Quicktime 7.4.1 or 7.4.5 , then, the question is, how reinstall a previously version of quicktime , for example 7.3.1 without reinstall the system??? another question, any one know which version of final cut pro and quicktime working well with DV and HDV 720P ????. Some people in Argentina , they work in DV PAL, have the same problem. Another thing is that last night FCP 6.0 working well whit DV, this morning the issue start again. Another rare case , Quicktime pro have the same problem with DV, when New movie recording menu is activated, no video is present, quicktime recognize the DV device but no see the video signal.

Macbook pro intel 10.5.2 quicktime version 7.4.1 (14)
Power mac g5 10.4.11 quicktime version 7.4.1 (14)
Final cut studio 2 .

JVC PRO HD device, DV device CAnon camera , dvcam vcr.

apologize for my not very well english.