DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Movie credits in Livetype and FCE (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/123216-movie-credits-livetype-fce.html)

Scott Hamilton June 6th, 2008 03:56 PM

Movie credits in Livetype and FCE

Hey guys,

I was wondering if I could get some help here... I want to create some movie style (scrolling from the bottom) credits for a film me and my crew are finishing up, but I've never done this before. Is there an easy way to do this using Livetype and FCE?

I've heard of people doing it in iMovie, but not sure on the specifics of how. Thanks!

Scott

Grant Harrington June 6th, 2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Hamilton (Post 889335)
Hey guys,

I was wondering if I could get some help here... I want to create some movie style (scrolling from the bottom) credits for a film me and my crew are finishing up, but I've never done this before. Is there an easy way to do this using Livetype and FCE?

I've heard of people doing it in iMovie, but not sure on the specifics of how. Thanks!

Scott

It can be done using LiveType, but I use CHV-Electronics Text Collection, http://www.chv-plugins.com/cms/Fx-Sc...anchor=1010026

You get very good results with it. There are other options I'm sure, but this has worked well for me in FCE/FCP projects.

Robert Lane June 7th, 2008 08:22 AM

I've never use the CHV plug-ins but both FCP and FCE have scrolling text generators built-in, no need for third-party software.

Grant Harrington June 7th, 2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Lane (Post 889573)
I've never use the CHV plug-ins but both FCP and FCE have scrolling text generators built-in, no need for third-party software.

Yes, that's correct, it's just that CHV plugins give you much more precise control over formating/placement and I've read often that the built-in text scrolls are blurry/jerky in motion.

But you are right, they both have them. I've been very happy with CHV text tools.

Scott Hamilton June 7th, 2008 10:49 AM

Awesome guys. I'm still fairly new to the FC world, where can I find the scrolling text generators in FCE?

Scott

Scott Hamilton June 8th, 2008 11:10 AM

Does anyone know where to find the scrolling text generator in FCE? If you can point me in the right direction I'm sure I can figure it out. Thanks,

Scott

Scott Hamilton June 8th, 2008 11:13 AM

Nevermind, just found it!

Scott Routt June 11th, 2008 06:26 AM

One option is to make the credits in photoshop and save as a png, then drag it up the screen using the motion tab. I'd rather use the scrolling text generator in FCP but when you justify the text left or right, it cuts off the words unless you make them very small. Maybe there's a way around that issue, but I haven't found it.

Tom Stitzer August 10th, 2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Hamilton (Post 889335)
Hey guys,

Scott

Hey Scott,

By now you have probably found your answer to this, but I decided to post anyway in case you or others wanted to know what I do for credits. I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but to get a good scroll with a good central gutter, you know with the title of the person, a space or two, then their name, do this:

In the text entry area of the scrolling text generator, type:

Director*Joe Blow
Assistant Director*Marty Party

Jim Beam*Actorman Bigshot
Jane Doe*Skinny Minnie

The asterisk creates a perfect gutter each time. I usually play with the speed (command J) so that it's not too fast, and use the flicker filter as well.

Hope that helps!

Tom

G. Lee Gordon June 20th, 2011 12:30 PM

Re: Movie credits in Livetype and FCE

Tom, where the heck have you been all this time. I have been searching and searching for methods to do this!!! Thank you so much. Your little tip just saved me a "whole lotta work!".