DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Converting interlaced 24 fps footage into true 24p (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/12382-converting-interlaced-24-fps-footage-into-true-24p.html)

Curtis T. Stoeber July 23rd, 2003 02:15 PM

Converting interlaced 24 fps footage into true 24p

I have Final Cut Pro 4 and a clip that was shot on the DVX100 camera in 24 fps mode. It is interlaced and plays fine normally. However I want to covert the interlaced footage back into true 24p footage... (not compatible with NTSC). How would I do that? I am not looking to play this on a TV, but I need it to be 24 frames per second with all of the information intact... no interlacing or 3:2 pulldown.

Jeff Donald July 24th, 2003 05:22 AM

What format do you want to save it in? Are you only going to watch it on your computer? If your going to film, check with the transfer house to see what format they will accept. Remember, all tape based formats are either NTSC or PAL and not 24fps. You'll need to take your hard drive to the transfer house.

Curtis T. Stoeber July 24th, 2003 12:59 PM

OH here's what I want to do:

Take a clip that is currently DV Quicktime NTSC shot in 24fps. It does the 3:2 pulldown and so after every 3 frames you get two that have interlace jitter. What I want to do is convert this to an internet Quicktime that runs at EXACTLY 24 frames per second, with each frame being different. When I do this every 3rd frame or so is a blur between the 3:2 pulldown interlaced frames. But I want each frame to be the individual image shot. So far there seems to be no way to convert a clip like this to an internet Quicktime without it being jerky (30fps Quicktime) or blurred (24fps). The thing is that it really must be true 24fps.

My size will be 320 x 240.

Benjamin Harrison July 24th, 2003 02:34 PM

de-interlace filter?

Andre De Clercq July 24th, 2003 03:21 PM

Why not convert to the 24p advanced mode and leave out the interlaced frames in an NLE which supports 24pA

Curtis T. Stoeber July 24th, 2003 06:37 PM

Huh?

Jeff Donald July 24th, 2003 06:50 PM

You need Apple Cinema Tools. Here is a post and QuickTime that explains the process. If you have questions regarding the process or software after viewing the QuickTime, post back here and I'll try to help.

Curtis T. Stoeber July 24th, 2003 09:37 PM

Jeff, thanks for the link, but it does not work. This DV file was sent to me over the internet as a Quicktime MOV file (standard DV file). It doesn't have the tags left on by the DVX100. But it DOES have the jitter frames. When I import into Cinema Tools 2, I reverse telecine and it creates a new file. The new file runs at exactly 24 frames per second, but there are still jitter frames! I cannot have ANY jitter frames and I need a file that runs at 24 frames per second.

Jeff Donald July 25th, 2003 03:52 AM

Because the tags have been altered, the only way I know is to remove them manually. It would be easier if you could get the original file sent to you.