Quicktime 7.5 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 11th, 2008, 02:31 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Christopher how is the new QuickTime 7.5.5 update working with FCS?
Old September 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM   #32
Trustee

No problems here so far. And as another plus Matrox have finally released a patch for the MXO!
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 06:55 PM   #33
Major Player

So 7.5.5 works with the MXO? I'm scared to do it since I just got my MXO to work again and it is glorious.
James Brill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 08:26 AM   #34
Inner Circle

Is there a way to find out what fixes 7.5.5 has from 7.5?
Old September 12th, 2008, 09:11 AM   #35
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brill View Post
So 7.5.5 works with the MXO? I'm scared to do it since I just got my MXO to work again and it is glorious.
I just put together a new system this week with an MXO, and updated to the newest version of all software first. I'm not in the same place as that system now, but I have the newest Quicktime as of Tue 9/9. After installing the MXO patch, color calibration worked fine. No problems with FCS either (also updated to newest version on 9/9).
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #36
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brill View Post
Hi James.

I can back up what Boyd said about the color calibration controls (called "Proc amps" in the System Preferences under the Matrox MXO section).

When Matrox announced their fix last week to get their MXO monitor calibration to work with QT 7.5, I went out and purchased the MXO (I'll bet their MXO sales have spiked during this week!) and an Apple Cinema Display (ACD). I did the calibration last night with QT 7.5 (like you I'd been too nervous to update to QT 7.5.5 lest my new purchase turn into a door stop) and it all worked fine.

But this morning I saw an Apple announcement about longer battery life when making calls with my iPhone if I updated to iTunes 8 (with QT 7.5.5)!

Then I saw that the Matrox people are themselves successfully running the Matrox MXO with FCP 6.0.4, QT 7.5.5, Mac OSX 10.5.4 and MXO 2.1.3 on these pages:

Matrox MXO User Forum :: View topic - Cmd+ Tab and other problems with 2.1.3

Matrox MXO User Forum :: View topic - 'Broadcast' calibration not quite right with new patch

As a result, I updated to QT 7.5.5 and the calibration controls still work fine (the color bars load and the adjustment sliders work).

So it's all good!
David Knaggs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite