DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 7th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #1
New Boot

FCE/FCP uses other than scene editing

Hi.
I have a possibly stupid question. I have Vegas and have access to FCE. I have normally done combining scenes, and down to the frame editing of each scene. Is this what Final Cut users primarily use it for, or is there more to it than scene compilation and frame editing? I know that it can do color correction and moving the frame around the video, X & Y axis, but I want to see if this is it's primary usage, or if it's just the tip of the iceberg. I hope someone understands my question.

Thank you.

Patrick

If someone has a better title, please also help.
Pat Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 01:09 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Norris View Post
I have normally done combining scenes, and down to the frame editing of each scene. Is this what Final Cut users primarily use it for, or is there more to it than scene compilation and frame editing?
Final Cut is, like Avid and others, a non-linear editing application. It's main purpose is for editing. It also has, as you observed, some finishing capabilities such as filters, effects, colour correction, etc. I can be used for title design and compositing as well, though there are better apps for this. You can even do simple audio mixing, just like in Avid et al., however there are better applications dedicated to doing a more robust job at the specific task.

Does that makes sense/answer your question?
Old July 7th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #3
New Boot

Mike,

Thank you. That does help. I just wanted to make sure that I would not be missing out on something more. Now I need to just practice FCE since it is different from Vegas.

Thank you again.
Pat Norris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite