Waiting For Time Code Problem Fcp 6.0.4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 11th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #1
New Boot

Waiting For Time Code Problem Fcp 6.0.4

Hi, My FCP 6.0.4 starting with this problem again, is a random problem, when I tray to capture from DV DECKS, or DV CAMERA, with Log & capture or clip, or batch or capture now, the capture window say: WAITING FOR TIME CODE, the camera or deck is ok, the firewire is ok, I can remote the camera or deck, mark time code in and out, the time code in the remote is the same with the tape time code, I capture in IMOVIE and no problem, the same camera or deck , the same firewire , the same tape, well, after the message WAITING FOR TIME CODE , appears the next message, THE DEVICE MUST BE IN VTR MODE, and THE OPERATION COULD NOT COMPLETED AS THERE IS NO VIDEO, of course that the easy setup is correct , the setup of sequence is corect, I'm a FCP user since 2000, and this problem is new for me. I download the SDK FIREWIRE from apple developer connection and use the software for capture that are included in this package , and I can capture without problem. My Ibook G4 with FCP 5.0.1 capture without a problem, the same camera and deck , the same tape, the same firewire. FCP is unable to capture DV from firewire, I tray connect the DV devices in the back firewire of my Power PC G5 but ins not work any way. The curiosity is that some times I can capture from DV devices at first time but some times appears this problem and no capture, My PowerPC is only for editing, only have installed FCStudio 2, Quicktime, nothing more , no any third party cards or plugins, System 10.4.11 . If any one resolved this please teel us , in apple this article is not a solution for me : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301852.
Carlos Ruz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite