DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   MacHDWorkshop - The 2008 Tour (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/126179-machdworkshop-2008-tour.html)

Robert Lane July 17th, 2008 04:03 PM

MacHDWorkshop - The 2008 Tour

1 Attachment(s)
For almost 4 years now I've been watching people on this and other forums struggle with the "how-do-I...?" or, "My [xx] is isn't working right..." and of course the infinitely debatable. "Which is better?" questions, hoping to get the right answers - and assuming they're asking the right questions.

While I've certainly done my part to share the wealth of my expertise and experience on the forum, the knowledge is spread out in hundreds of threads across various categories. Not to mention that over time, the same questions keep being asked time and again proving that while the information is readily available it's not in a contiguous, self contained form. So I decided to do something about it.

Enter the MacHDworkshop (http://www.machdworkshop): It's a compilation of all the most commonly asked - and most critically needed information about everything the Final Cut Studio user needs including:

- Camera setups
- HDD and RAID configurations
- System selection, installation and maintenance
- Editing workflows
- Lighting and Composition
- DOF adapters and other advanced accessories
- Archiving/Project backup methods
- Understanding Compressor, DVD authoring & Blu-Ray options
- Achieving the "film look"
- Project planning
... and lots more.

Any editor, camera operator, producer, independent filmmaker or anyone intending to enter the industry using Final Cut Studio should attend - regardless if you're just starting out or if you've been in the industry a while.

Designed to be a crash-course or "bootcamp" if you will, it's a 2-day workshop that is well-rounded and is not camera or format specific. Just one tip alone could save you from days of being unproductive - or losing an entire project! See the website for the list of topics.

Each attendee will be given a DVD that contains:

- A copy of the Keynote presentation used for the syllabus; this way you don't have to rely on memory to recall all you've learned;
- Special-Discount offers from various companies who make AV hardware and or FCP plug-ins;
- Special offers from location-sponsoring dealers
- Copies of the freeware/trial-ware used in the workshop

This isn't a gang of sales reps from companies selling you stuff, this is the real-deal: Time-tested industry standardized information that can make you successful using Final Cut Studio.

The first location for the Tour is Long Beach, CA. August 19-20 with other cities nationwide to follow.

Many thanks to Chris Hurd for allowing this post!

Robert Lane July 19th, 2008 05:38 PM

link wrong

For some reason the link in the original text posting grabbed the added characters:

Here's the correct link:

http://www.machdworkshop.com

Robert Lane July 22nd, 2008 07:55 AM

Special Offer for DVinfo Members

Here's a special offer only for DVinfo.net Members:

You get $200 off registration cost for any MacHDWorkshop location during the 2008 Tour. Send me an email through the forum and I'll send you an invoice for your special registration cost.

Robert Lane August 7th, 2008 08:59 AM

Previous offer ended

The previous offer has become nullified; the standard per-seat cost has been lowered significantly.

Robert Lane August 18th, 2008 08:42 PM

New Tour Date/Location

We have a new tour date and location: Specialized Communications is hosting Balitmore/Washington DC at the Washington Marriott, Sept 23 & 24th. See the workshop site for registration details!

Robert Lane September 7th, 2008 10:13 PM

New Tour Date

The Workshop is now going to Austin, TX, the location being sponsored by Omega Broadcast.

This location cost is only $495 however the "free catered lunch" is not being offered.

Robert Lane September 10th, 2008 12:11 PM

New Direction!

If you've ever wanted to attend one of the workshops but couldn't afford 2 days off work or, the tour wasn't coming to your city that and other location-based issues are about to become non-existent:

We're currently in process of transforming the 2-day class into a regularly scheduled webinar! In the next few days more details will be posted as they become available.

In the meantime we're still taking registrations for the Austin, TX class now with an Early Bird special available only until Sept 16th.

Robert Lane September 28th, 2008 01:54 PM

UPDATE: Webinar now Online

The MacHDWorkshop has now evolved into the worlds first, live webinar! Now all the topics covered in the 2-day class are now available as a web-based class, broken up into modules.

There are 4 modules which will be web-cast once a week in rotation.

Robert Lane December 13th, 2008 09:16 AM

Workshops on indefinite hold

With the economy continuing it's slow downturn we've put the Workshops on hold until sometime in 2009. In the meantime we'll keep pace with the market as things change and add modify the workshop content appropriately. Once the economy makes it's swing back to the positive side we'll decide the future of the workshop.

Robert Lane January 11th, 2010 07:31 PM

The workshop is coming back, in a slightly different format. Details soon.

Robert Lane January 5th, 2011 10:45 AM

Filmmakers Workshop: January 2011, Phoenix, AZ

It's finally time to bring back this workshop that so many have asked for.

I'm not sure if the old "MacHDWorkshop" moniker will be revived especially since it's more about both production *and* post and not specific to Mac workflows anymore, but the tour is kicking off here in Phoenix later this month. More info here:

Lumenosity Reviews & Workflows: Coming January 2011: HD Filmmakers Workshop, Phoenix AZ