Going to online, mixing facility for the first time at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 28th, 2008, 08:39 AM   #1
Major Player

Going to online, mixing facility for the first time

I'm just about finished editing a project that I'll be taking for vfx, online and mix. Of course I've been in discussion with them (audio is being done at a different place) re their needs and I'm getting my head around what I need to do. (putting the project in reels, 2 pops, edl, omf's, wet vs dry audio, DVD screener with fx, etc)

That said, I'm aware there could be things I don't know which they could easily assume I know all about. Thats become evident already.

I realize this is a big question but any insight, tips or resources I could refer to would be much appreciated. I've hunted around on the net but haven't really found anything that was helpful. FWIW, they will be cloning my drive as opposed to going right back to tape originals.

Thanks
Jase Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:54 AM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

Congrats on getting your audio done right; most people assume they can do it themselves, but great sounding audio - like visuals - is an art-form and you're doing it the right way.

They mix-lab will tell you exactly what they need and in what format; don't sweat it. If they give you an output type/format you're not up-to-speed with, hit us up here on the forum - one of us will guide you along.
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Robert.

We're about to lock picture. I've got another meeting with the vfx/online house on Friday and will be giving them the first reel to make sure all is done as it should be. I'll post back if I need any assistance.
Jase Tanner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite