Installed Final Cut Studio 2 - Now I have strange vertical lines / glitching! HELP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 4th, 2008, 01:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Installed Final Cut Studio 2 - Now I have strange vertical lines / glitching! HELP

Hello Everybody,

Last week I finally was able to install Final Cut Studio 2 Upgrade from Studio 1 due to a break between projects.

Ever since I installed it, I've been getting these really weird vertical black and white, dotted lines appearing everywhere, ESPECIALLY when I playback a quicktime movie!

This includes my canvas in FCP and Motion. And the worst part is, sometimes when I export a quicktime movie (from Motion) the glitchy lines are IN THE VIDEO! This is unacceptable for me and I need to alleviate the situation asap, as I begin work on a new project very soon.

I've included a picture and a video example:

Picture
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8...roblem1bn1.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9...roblem2nr0.jpg

Video

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e...f39b5bc1e2c3c0

Here are my system specs:

PowerMac 7 ,2
Dual 1.8GHz
3GB RAM

ATI Radeon X800 XT Mac Edition AGP 256MB

I use a 4-bay eSATA storage system, as well as several other firewire and eSATA external hard drives.

Any help is MUCH APPRECIATED! Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,

John Lofton IV
Attached Thumbnails
Installed Final Cut Studio 2 - Now I have strange vertical lines / glitching! HELP-fcs2.problem1.jpg   Installed Final Cut Studio 2 - Now I have strange vertical lines / glitching! HELP-fcs2.problem2.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: mov WeirdVideoProblem-H.264.mov (576.7 KB, 124 views)
John Lofton IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 04:26 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I have seen that pattern before. It happens to me when I am working with footage in a non native sequence. I thought it was how FCP handled the processing for real time previews on an open timeline, but that is just speculation. Try turning RT on, and make sure that the sequence settings match the footage.
Dave Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 07:24 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey Dave

Thanks for the response. However, I don't think I fully explained the problem yesterday.

Even when my Mac is booting up... the glitchy lines appear. They are everywhere! Not just in FCP , Motion, or any FCS2 app.

--

I stumbled across another forum somewhere and am starting to suspect incompatibility issues with my Radeon X800 XT & some new video drivers (or something) that was installed with Final Cut Studio 2.

Anybody know where I can find a compatibility chart for FCS2?

Thanks!
John Lofton IV is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite