rendering too long!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 1st, 2008, 04:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

rendering too long!!!

After editing, I had to make a small change that turned the timeline render bar to orange (unlimited). Do I have to render before exporting to compressor or quicktime? It gave me a 17 hour export time. macbook pro 2.16 4 gigs. HdV timeline to sd best quality 90 minutes. Or is there a better way?
Charlie Branham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 06:34 PM   #2
Major Player

Is your sequence render codec set to "same as sequence" or Apple ProRes? I'd recommend the latter (Sequence menu > Sequence Settings >> Render Control tab)

You could also try changing your Sequence Preset itself to Apple ProRes 422 (1440x1080) and then exporting as a Quicktime Movie (Sequence menu > Sequence Settings >> Load Sequence Preset button)
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 02:05 PM   #3
Go Go Godzilla

Depending on the length of the sequence that may not be an unrealistic time.

Software encoding creates the greatest load on computing power than anything else and HDV and other long-GOP codecs like AVCHD being encoded to DVD or other transport streams take the longest.

You may find that the 17-hour estimate gets knocked down a bit during the encode but in general you can expect 4-6x over real-time per second for encoding HD down to DVD.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite