DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 10th, 2008, 03:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

FCE to DVD

I have finished 2 of my projects as far as FCE goes.

Now I need to burn them to DVD's so that other people can play them on their DVD players and televisions.

It seems I need to export them from FCE as a Quicktime movie and then import into iDVD to author them.

The help file for FCE is confusing me somewhat - it indicates I have setting options in FCE when I export a Quicktime movie - but I cannot find them.... I can find them if I use Quicktime conversion...

Can anyone help by giving me a quick run down on this process.

Also I have a couple of orders for PAL countries for the DVD's ... I have filmed and edited as NTSC in FCE (shot in frame mode and slow mos are not interlaced for better quality on stills and slow mo) .... What do I need to do to get this into a PAL format?

Thanks
Janis
Janis Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janis Williams View Post
it indicates I have setting options in FCE when I export a Quicktime movie - but I cannot find them....
When choosing "Export" under your File menu, and selecting the first option available (Quicktime Movie), you should see a dialogue box that looks something like this.

Is this what you see?

-Jon
Attached Thumbnails
FCE to DVD-export-qt-movie-window.jpg  
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:02 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones View Post
When choosing "Export" under your File menu, and selecting the first option available (Quicktime Movie), you should see a dialogue box that looks something like this.

Is this what you see?

-Jon
no - i have no settings options
Janis Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite