hdv 30p footage glitches during transitions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 11th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

hdv 30p footage glitches during transitions

Hey everyone, this problem has been driving me nuts the last two days and I don't know why it's happening. Here are the shoot specs:

camera: canon xh-a1
fps: 30p
duration: 90 seconds

When exporting using Quicktime Conversion (video is for the web) I use h.264, high quality, 29.97 fps, I get a nice sized file, beautiful quality. However, 3 different times in the video my footage jumps/skips, then it jumps again a couple seconds later to correct itself. I have a small clip to show you what I mean, but I cannot host it anywhere, I can e-mail it. Does anyone know what might be causing this? It seems to only happen around when I use a transition effect. This hasn't happened before and I've tried half a dozen different ways to correct it but nothing is working. Thanks very much,

Christian
Christian Nachtrieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 03:08 PM   #2
Major Player

Sorry, I don't know. That happened to me to day though when I used a quicktime with "animation" codec in final cut. The video skipped at a transition, in the timeline and the export. Is your problem in the timeline, or only in the exported video?
If you don't see it in the timeline, then try exporting it as pro res, or just export a self contained quicktime. If you can get a high quality export done then you will have a final QT master that can be converted properly.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 06:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yea I only see it in the timeline. Is it better to do Export: Compressor, or export a non-referenced quicktime file?
Christian Nachtrieb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite