Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 3rd, 2008, 12:21 AM   #1
Major Player

Mac Pro Recall?

MacNN | Mac Pro accused of creating toxic fumes [u]

This may be off topic but it definitely shook me up today considering I'm around mac pros almost 24 hours a day like I'm sure most of you are as well. I have noticed the smell on every mac pro I've ever been around but it has been the same case since the G5's so wouldn't this of happened earlier? You would think a computer such as this would be around scientist or at least people who are professionals at what they do and complaints would of been made and heard earlier.
James Brill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 02:18 AM   #2
Major Player

WTH?! Is this real? I like you am around them 24-7. I normal have the monitor / keyboard sent in from the machine room - but I haven't noticed any smells.
-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 04:00 AM   #3
Major Player

I haven't noticed a smell cant be true info must be posted by PC uses
Robert Bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 12:53 PM   #4
New Boot

They do admit that the analysis was qualitative and not quantitative, so the quantities could be very small. I'm an organic chemist and have not detected (by nose or eyes!) any untoward smells around our G5. BTW, it may be just an incorrect translation, but the MacNN site lists "ethanone" as one of the chemicals detected. There is no such compound as unsubstituted ethanone. They may have meant ethanal (acetaldehyde). Also propanone is better known as acetone.
- David
David Usher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite