DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 22nd, 2008, 04:03 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Matrox MXO and Firepod

I hooked up a MXO to my Mac Pro to help with color on my second 24" Dell monitor. All of the video seems to be fine and I was able to calibrate the monitor with acceptable results.

The problem I have is when I view the video from the timeline using the second monitor with a Matrox setting I do not know how to get audio. I have my audio running on a firewire cable from the back of the tower to the Presonus Firepod that runs the two powered monitors.

Has anyone used the MXO with a Firepod?

I talked with Matrox yesterday and they said they would get right back to me but a day later nothing since they had no idea.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 06:46 PM   #2
Better than Halle Berry

I'd be curious about that- I have a Firepod and it's a massive system hog. I wonder if it would be usable in that sort of configuration.

Noah
Noah Kadner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2008, 07:05 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Noah not sure if it is the best path for audio out while using the MXO but I can't seem to find an answer from Matrox. I will try today to bypass the Firepod and see if that works.

I know a DVinfo user will come along and show me the right solution.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:12 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Noah the only way I can make audio work is with RCA in the back of MXO to the 1/4" back of powered monitors. The Firepod no longer has control of the powered monitors.

So for now I will disconnect the Firepod and monitor through the MXO in FC and use Firepod for all other audio. At lease the audio seem synced properly.

Last edited by Paul Cronin; October 23rd, 2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: detail on audio when not in FC
Paul Cronin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite