DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 25th, 2008, 06:21 PM   #1
Major Player

Editing Livetype in FCP

Is there a way to edit Livetype projects from within FCP?

LT has nice templates to put names onto images by compositing them. That part I've figured out; however, once I import the template into FCP I cannot edit the actual text in the viewer, like you can with Motion. That means I'm creating and importing separate LT clips for every name I want to add to a talking head shot. Very cumbersome.

Has anyone been down this road before me or know of an easier method to accomplish the task?

Thanks
Bob
Bob Kerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #2
Major Player

Lt In Fcp

Bob,

The answer to your question is no. Sort of. You can not edit the live type text from within final cut. You can, however, control click (right click) on the LT text in FCP and select "open in editor" this will bring up your LT file and you can edit it directly in Live type. When you save the file in Live Type the changes will automatically synch with the file in FCP. I know this is not the answer you wanted but it is the way it is!

Jon Schwartz
CA Video Productions
Jonathan Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 04:27 PM   #3
Major Player

Thank you for your help
Bob Kerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 08:52 PM   #4
Better than Halle Berry

Though a lot of folks like and use LiveType it's a peripheral product to Final Cut Studio. Motion is a lot better integrated with FCP and much more powerful than LiveType if you take the time to master it. And it can do much of what LiveType does, perhaps not quite as simply but definitely same visual results.

Noah
Noah Kadner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite