DVD Studio Pro Error: Pal Assets cannot be imported... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 2nd, 2008, 05:15 PM   #1
Tourist

DVD Studio Pro Error: Pal Assets cannot be imported...

into NTSC project-

however, what I am trying to import is an NTSC MPEG2- a file that I created w/Compressor (DVD: Best Quality 90 minutes). I've checked preference settings in Compressor and DVD Studio Pro and don't see where DVD Studio is getting PAL from.... has anyone encountered this problem?
Liz Rodda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2008, 06:26 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Liz.

My first thought is that your .m2v file (the one that emerged from Compressor) is 25fps.
if you open the .m2v in the QuickTime Player and open the Movie Inspector (Command I) you will be able to view its frame rate.

As far as I know, an NTSC DVD has to be either 23.98 fps or 29.97 fps.

If your source material was shot in 25fps and was of a higher resolution than Standard Def (such as 720p or 1080i), one fast and easy approach would be to edit at that resolution and frame rate, export as a QuickTime Movie (at that higher resolution), import that into Cinema Tools and change the frame rate from 25 fps to 23.98 fps.

Then you can take it into Compressor and apply your Best Quality settings and the .m2v should import into your NTSC DVD SP project.

This might not be the problem you're running into, but it's the first thing I would check.
David Knaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2008, 08:18 PM   #3
Better than Halle Berry

Yeah I'd do a re-encode and then check the MPEG-2 in a brand new DVDSP project to see how it loads in.

Noah
Noah Kadner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite