FCP only captures one channel of sound?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 6th, 2009, 09:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP only captures one channel of sound??

Having a problem in the last month: I go to capture some footage (HDV), use my usual settings...but FCP only captures one channel of sound, the left channel. It doesn't capture any Mono (a2) channel, just Mono (a1). If I try to capture as stereo, it captures NO audio, just video.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Have tried multiple cameras including footage I had captured a couple months back which were still on my system, having been captured Mono 1 & 2, but now FCP will only capture Mono 1, just one track.

If I click to record in stereo rather than mono, it doesn't capture! It says it's capturing, but at the end of the clip, it hasn't captured anything!

Something very wrong here.

Only thing I've done to my system in past few months is install FX Factory plugins, but can't imagine that would mess with audio stuff since they are video efxs only.

Help...! Thanks.
Jeff Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 01:55 AM   #2
Major Player

I imagine that you have changed the cable you are using, although you do not mention this, so you undoubtedly have a hardware problem in your computer.

Harry.
Harry Bromley-Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 02:01 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, Harry. Actually, the cable is fine, I am able to capture DV from a Sony I own and it picks up both A1 and A2, stereo, whatever, using the same firewire cable.

I am able to hear both channels through my speakers while capturing HDV, it is coming in but just not into FCP capture.

So I guess I'm narrowing this to something to do with the HDV capture profile? Hm...
Jeff Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #4
Trustee

Is there any possibility that in Log and Capture >Clip Settings that one of the audio channels is muted? (loudspeaker icon) // Battle Vaughan /miamiherald.com video team
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks, the audio channels aren't muted (except when I experimented with them and found that if I mute Channel 1, I hear now sound, and if I mute Channel 2, I still hear everything through the speakers as if I hadn't muted anything).
Jeff Nelson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite