DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 12th, 2009, 06:02 AM   #1
New Boot

Capturing 24P Scan FX-1000

Hello everyone. I come from the FX-1000 Forum, where they told I should post my question here for better response.

Quote:

Capturing 24P
I got the camera. Amazing upgrade from a A1U. I'm almost finish in learning how to use all manual menus; focus, wb, expousure, gain, etc. Now I'm learning how to capture 24p.

I use FCP. What I understand is that the camera dont record natively in 24p but do a scan mode and that after it is captured you have to do a reverse telecine (pulldown technique, I think is the name?) to remove the extra frames and have a real 24p.

I really don't know how I should capture the video correctly. All my life I have captured videos in final cut with a DV NTSC in wide and normal firewire. But I really want to do it correct this time. I think that if I capture it in DV NTSC I wont get real HDV and will not be able to do the pulldown proccess to get the 24p, is that correct?

Searching the internet I have read several opinions but I came across to options:

1) Setup FCP to Apple Intermediate Codec 1080i60, capture preset HVD-Apple Intermediate codec, Capture the video, and use reverse telecine.

2) Setup FCP to Apple ProRes 422, capture preset Apple ProRes 422, etc.

Where I read this, they talk about capturing HDV and capturing a 24 progressive scan file, but neither about the FX 1000 Camera.

So, you know more than me. Enlight me. What is the correct preset, proccess. Should I capture in HDV? DV? How do I get the 24p? What should be the iLink configuration in the camera (HDV? DV? AUTO?).

Thank you very much for the help and excuse my english, its not my first language.
John Nouel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:55 PM   #2
New Boot

Really? No one?

To be more precise now.

What is the workflow to obtain the 24p with the imported footage?
John Nouel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite