DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 27th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #1
Major Player

Need help ASAP: Stuttering H2.64

I'm trying to push out a project due tomorrow. Shot on EX-1 edit in FCS. I used Compressor to process to QT H 2.64. It runs and looks pristine on my macs. When I bring it to a Windows machine,the image is fine but the audio is not in sync. Equally crappy whether I run it from a DVD or copy the QT file onto the PC's hard drive.

I updated the QT player on the windows machine without any change in the problem.

I'm stumped. The machine is capable of H2.64 as I have other, albeit smaller, clips that I've played.

Yikes!
Bob Kerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kerner View Post
I'm trying to push out a project due tomorrow. Shot on EX-1 edit in FCS. I used Compressor to process to QT H 2.64. It runs and looks pristine on my macs. When I bring it to a Windows machine,the image is fine but the audio is not in sync. Equally crappy whether I run it from a DVD or copy the QT file onto the PC's hard drive.

I updated the QT player on the windows machine without any change in the problem.

I'm stumped. The machine is capable of H2.64 as I have other, albeit smaller, clips that I've played.

Yikes!
How big is the file including dimensions and bit rate? If it runs OK on a Mac, I would venture to guess that the file is too big for that particular PC to process.
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I honestly don't have any idea what could be causing that problem, but there's a few things I might try.

The first thing to do would be to export a small clip of your video. Run that through Compressor and test it out on your different computers. That might tell you a little bit about what is causing the problem.

Secondly, if you have no issues with the first step, then try re-compressing your entire video. Maybe something just went wrong the first time around.

Good luck in delivering this for tomorrow!
Glenn Fisher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite