Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Rendering in FCP

Hi,

I have final cut studio 2 (and lovin' it), but i am having issues rendering. I just can't get a decent render. I just want a SD 16:9 progressive scanhigh quality render.

If i output using quicktime and the current sequence settings its 4:3 and interlased.
If i use qucktime conversion i get lost. Yea, so many options, no time to try each one.
If i send it to compressor its avergae. the best ive got so far, but i can't understand how people get amazing renders out of... nothing..!

Can someone recommend me settings for an export, its pal, 16:9 progressive scan and looks good, and is it better to use FCP or send it to compressor

Thank
Ryan
Ryan Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Without knowing the specifics, I'd say go to send to > compressor.

Then click on the selected output format (you didn't indicate where you wanted to footage to go). Make sure your aspect ratio is correct. Click on the Encoder tab in Compressor. Then click on the settings tab next to video. Select the compressor type to H.264 - Data Rate should be restricted to 1100 - 1500 K.

Try those settings- should give you good results if you need to compress it.

If you need the native editing format - as you said, go to the current settings. If the aspect ratio is wrong. No worries, you can fix that in QuickTime Pro (installed automatically when you have Studio 2). Just open the wrong QuickTime in the player and hit Apple + J. Click on the visual settings and change the scaled size (usually you have to uncheck the aspect ratio button).

Anyway, hope this helps.
-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Heaps, i'll give that a go

Cheers
Ryan
Ryan Hansen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite