how good is the G5 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 13th, 2003, 09:39 AM   #31
New Boot

I started a new thread in the PC non-linear editing about almost the same subject...let's see what they think.
Jean-Francois Lavoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2003, 05:30 PM   #32
Machinist Mate

I think Jean-Philippe said to Jean-Francois: good luck on your choice of platform, let us know which one you pick and how it's going.

My pick is still going strong, I have a middle-aged G4 with FCP, use it on a regular basis. I am writing this post on a 1-year-old IBM Pentium 4 with Avid Xpress DV, Pyro Firewire card and Pioneer DVD burner. I am still waiting for my I.T. help desk experts to figure out how to make it work; i.e. be able to capture video on Firewire. I am sure this PC has a much faster processor and whatever other specs the engineering enthusiasts are all gung-ho over...however, my clients would be waiting a long time waiting for their projects to be done on this machine where meanwhile I am editing something every week on the ol' Apple.

This will probably start a flame war amongst the two factions...I've seen it all before: sailboaters vs. powerboaters, Harleys vs. "rice burners", etc. Meanwhile I have some video to edit over there on my Mac.

PS: my I.T. guys don't know anything about Macs, haven't touched them...that's OK, they don't have to.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite