DVD Studio Pro video bitrate to high? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 15th, 2009, 08:04 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD Studio Pro video bitrate to high?

I got a weird problem. I made some sequences in Final Cut and send them to compressor through a custom setting (MPEG 2 60 PAL 16/9 6.6/7.8 dual VBR motion best). I imported them in DVD Studio Pro and made a menu for it. But when I tried to burn the DVD it says only with one of the sequences that the video bit rate is too high. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks
Niels
Niels Neeskens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 08:22 AM   #2
Wrangler

Are your audio tracks AIF or AC3? The bit cap for DVD included ALL the tracks (subtitles, all audio & all video angles.)
Old April 15th, 2009, 08:47 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I never go above 7.2 in Compressor when using VBR. Even with AC3 audio the VBR will spike too high and you'll get the bit rate error message in DVDSP. CBR can be safely set at a higher level, 8.5 for an hour of video is a good bet.
Old April 15th, 2009, 09:34 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Audio tracks are .wav but that can't really be the problem because they are all .wav and they burn fine.

I tried lowering the bit rate in the custom setting, but it still said that the bit rate is too high. When I tried one of the settings of compressor itself with a lower bit rate it worked. But probably I am losing some quality with it.
Niels Neeskens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 09:38 AM   #5
Inner Circle

.wav files can be as big as AIFF files.
Old April 15th, 2009, 11:36 AM   #6
Go Go Godzilla

Niels,

Assuming you're using Compressor 3 try these settings for both your video and audio. One exception: "Frame Rate" should be whatever your preferred output source is, it's not required to use the setting here for best results.

Audio should *always* be AC3 Dolby; WAV files take up too much space and don't always encode well into the DVD spec.
Attached Thumbnails
DVD Studio Pro video bitrate to high?-picture-1.jpg   DVD Studio Pro video bitrate to high?-picture-2.jpg  

DVD Studio Pro video bitrate to high?-picture-3.jpg   DVD Studio Pro video bitrate to high?-picture-4.jpg  

Old April 15th, 2009, 11:41 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels Neeskens View Post
Audio tracks are .wav but that can't really be the problem because they are all .wav and they burn fine.
That IS your problem, Niels.

.wav files are too big. They may "burn fine" but the resulting AV stream on the DVD is too high a data rate. The .wav files must be compressed (with Compressor) to AC3 (Dolby Digital) files - as those above have said.
Old April 16th, 2009, 03:35 AM   #8
Regular Crew

That was it! I made AC3 of the audio and had no problems anymore. You guys are the best! Thanks a million.

Niels
Niels Neeskens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite