DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 20th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #1
Regular Crew

wrong copys. why?

Hi, I just finished my editing in FC exported as a quicktime movie 720x576, DV pal Integer Little Endian Timecode, and everything fine, but when I make a copy with IDVD every moving shot has a trembling effect absolutely unpresentable.
Then I copied the file .mov directly to the dvd and also gives a problem as the image keeps stopping all the way.
Has anybody an idea of what is going on?

MACOS X LEOPARD 10.5.6
Pro 2.8 GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
2GB 800M DDR 2 SDRAM
Alioshka Pakareva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #2
Inner Circle

When you export a QT movie from Final Cut Pro, it stores it in DV format which is 3.5 megabytes per second datarate. When you copy a .mov to a DVD and then try to play it from there, your DVD drive cannot keep up and supply the data fast for that kind of file. That's why it stops playing.

When you master a DVD using iDVD or other mastering software, it re-encodes the video to MPEG2 and puts it on the disk in a standardized format and structure so DVD players can play it with no computer involved. From your description, it sounds like you messed up the interlacing along the way resulting in a stuttering effect. I don't know if PAL is different from NTSC but here in the US, I would apply Final Cut Pro's de-interlacing filter set to Lower-Even and then export to a QT and then master the DVD..
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite