Matrox - H.264 accelerator board (PCIe 1x) - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 11th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #46
Major Player

I am consistently blown away by the Elgato - still cant believe this is only $150.00.
Hey owners, you all should email tech support and ask for compressor 2.0 support and multi-pass encoding in future updates. I already did ;)

-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 11:39 AM   #47
New Boot

There were some complaints about the 10Mbps bitrate limit. There is the new 1.0.2 software update which ups the limit to 20Mbps, among other nice things.
Here are the changes:
Turbo.264 HD Updates

I am still considering buying it; my only problem is its integration with Compressor 3 and the multipass encoding. I would hate to pay 150 Euros and then get a much faster but lower quality output from Compressor 3.

For those who tried it with Compressor 3, is it possible to use the Frame Controls inside Compressor and still export using the Elgato stick?
Cosmin Serban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #48
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmin Serban View Post
I am still considering buying it; my only problem is its integration with Compressor 3 and the multipass encoding. I would hate to pay 150 Euros and then get a much faster but lower quality output from Compressor 3.

For those who tried it with Compressor 3, is it possible to use the Frame Controls inside Compressor and still export using the Elgato stick?
Wow. Thanks for the heads up, Cosmin!
Nope, frame controls are controlled in the Elgato window (see previous page for screenshot).

-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 03:10 PM   #49
New Boot

I looked at your screenshot but I don't really see what I was referring to. I would need control over "Output Fields: Progressive", "Deinterlace: Motion adaptive". I have these in Compressor - Frame Controls. Are they in Elgato as well? Maybe they are in that particular screenshot under different names.

Thanks.
Cosmin Serban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 03:39 PM   #50
Major Player

Sorry what I mean to say was the picture attached on the first page (there are three attached to one posting- it's the longest photo). It shows all the 3 windows in QuickTime Components for the Elgato. Just look on page one of this posting.
-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite