Multiclip Ques: 'faking' 2 cams with scaled footage? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 29th, 2009, 09:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Multiclip Ques: 'faking' 2 cams with scaled footage?

Recently I did a video where I 'faked' two cams: I took wideangle footage, copied it to a new video layer, then scaled it up. Simple cuts between the two layers made it appear there were two cameras covering the speaker. Yep, the scaled footage looked fuzzy, but since it was going to low-res internet video ANYWAY, it didn't really matter.

I've done multi-clip editing before, but couldn't figure out how to make the scaled footage behave like separate video clips. There was no way to specify how big the 'close-up' clip was supposed to be scaled.

Another wrinkle: the audio was synced from a 48khz CD rip.

Maybe I'm just missing something simple here, and Google searches haven't turned up much.

Anyone have a method or workaround?
Ted Bragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2009, 11:32 PM   #2
Major Player

Export your "zoomed in" layer as a self contained quicktime and re import it. Then you have a new clip that you can sync and do multicam with.
James Brill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite