DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   FCP: Black text white background? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/234639-fcp-black-text-white-background.html)

Ayesha Khan May 4th, 2009 03:26 PM

FCP: Black text white background?

Hi there,

Is it possible to insert black text (like for credits or titles) on a white background? I know how to do it the other way round (which is default) and I can see how to change the font colour but is it possible to change the background colour from black to white?

Sounds simple and probably is. Cheers in advance for your help!

Christopher Drews May 4th, 2009 03:44 PM

Easy. Create a color solid (matte). Insert into the timeline. Click on the solid and edit it in the window. Change the blue color to White.

Hit Control + X (opens title tool).
Create your title make the text black.
Overlay the title in video track 2.

Hope this helps,
-C

Ayesha Khan May 4th, 2009 04:27 PM

You are a SUPERSTAR!!!! Cheers. :)

Another question: I'm editing footage for the first time from my Canon A1s and I've got some stills (from some scanned images) I want to put into the mix. Why does the viewer not show me the actual size of the screen, the actual final output size and instead only shows me the full still image?

It's quite frustrating trying to guess where the edges of the screen are going to be when playing around with how I want the image to move and then not knowing where the edge of the screen will end up cropping it.

I imagine theres some clever switch somewhere which enables me to see the image within the paramters of the screen?

Christopher Drews May 4th, 2009 05:01 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about but in my 5 years of FCP I don't know how to get the preview to display the image preview differently.

My only advice would be to drop all the stills you intend on using in a duplicate of your sequence. It will automatically resize them per your sequence settings. You can then adjust, zoom and crop to your hearts delight while maintaining the proper ratio. Then copy them back into your sequence for output.
-C

Ayesha Khan May 4th, 2009 05:17 PM

Hmmm... I've finally shut down (its past midnight.... yawn!) so I will check this out tomorrow. I think I get what the idea is though. I suppose it makes sense in some way that you see the whole source image in viewer but an outline to let you know where the edges are isn't too much to ask of apple is it? Wags finger at imaginary steve jobs.

Oh and since you seem to know stuffs... any chance of answering my query in the "two questions" thread about outputs?

Mike Hanlon May 4th, 2009 05:38 PM

The default setting of the Viewer scaling is 100% (the pop down at the top of the window) and that applies to whatever the viewer is viewing. If for example you open a large (6MB) still, you only see the upper left corner.

If you select to "Fit in Viewer" (or is it Fit in Window, I don't have FCP in front of me now) it will scale whatever the Viewer is viewing, in this case, making it much easier to look at stills.

Mike.

Ayesha Khan May 5th, 2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Hanlon (Post 1137534)
The default setting of the Viewer scaling is 100% (the pop down at the top of the window) and that applies to whatever the viewer is viewing. If for example you open a large (6MB) still, you only see the upper left corner.

If you select to "Fit in Viewer" (or is it Fit in Window, I don't have FCP in front of me now) it will scale whatever the Viewer is viewing, in this case, making it much easier to look at stills.

Mike.

Hi mike,

Thanks, But its not the scale that's the issue (i'm viewing at 12%) but the ratio of the image compared to the ratio of the screen. Cheers! :)

Mitchell Lewis May 6th, 2009 09:24 PM

It took me a minute to understand your question. But I think I know what you're asking. This should help....

At the top of the Viewer window you'll see three buttons. Click on the 3rd one and choose Image+Wireframe. Then you'll be able to see the outline of your image and move it around how ever you want.

Hope this helps.