Soundtrack Pro - Apply to whole track - Can you help? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 19th, 2009, 12:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Soundtrack Pro - Apply to whole track - Can you help?

Hi All,

I'm working on a movie project where each track is one character's voice. The clips are made up from various takes, which means various source files.

I'd like to apply noise reduction to the entire track for each character, but I've only been able to figure out how to do it a file at a time by opening each individual file up in the wav editor (instead of multitrack) reducing the noise, saving it then going back to the multitrack editor.

Since there are a LOT of files on each track this takes forever - is there any way to apply the noise reduction to every file on a track at once?

Thanks,
Luke
Luke Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Export Entire Track

Luke,

There might be a better way but you could try this - but you have to finish editing first. Duplicate your sequence so you don't mess anything up. Mark an in and out at the beginning and end of your sequence. Select one audio track then Export Audio to AIFF. Import that into Soundtrack pro and reduce the noise on that track. Then save it and re-import it into FCP.

Do that for each track.
Troy Teuscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:17 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, Troy - that'll work. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.
Luke Hill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite