Where can I find my Quicktime Pro Registration Code? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 23rd, 2009, 03:27 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Where can I find my Quicktime Pro Registration Code?

I have FCP6, but I recently had a HDD crash, so I am reinstalling all of my software. Problem is I no longer seem to have Quicktime Pro, just regular Quicktime. If I am correct, the Pro version comes with FCP6, but when I open QT it doesn't have any of the features of QT Pro, such as exporting etc. Any idea where in the packaging the registration code is? I can't find it anywhere
Shaun R Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:34 AM   #2
Inner Circle

If you have QT PRo installed with FCS then you don't have a registration code. Check in System Preferences>QuickTime>Register In the Registration Code box there should be a light grey entry Automatic & under that box should be written QuickTime 7 Pro
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:09 AM   #3
Regular Crew

My QT registration box isn't greyed out. It is asking for a registration code. I assumed that QT Pro was installed automatically when installing FCP. Maybe it was a checkbox I forgot to check in the FCP install?
Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:27 AM   #4
Inner Circle

The box isn't greyed out it just doesn't have a code in it but does have the Automatic in light grey italics. You cab delete the word but it's visible again once you close & re-open QT Preferences.

It's a while since I installed Final Cut but I don't recall there being an option of whether or not I wanted QT Pro. It was just there after I had finished the installation. Did you re-install from the Final Cut Studio DVDs?
Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:38 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Here is a screen grab. You can see that the only thing that is greyed out is th option for organisation. Any ideas what I can do?
Attached Thumbnails
Where can I find my Quicktime Pro Registration Code?-qt_grab.tiff  
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:24 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Dunno. All I can suggest is to re-install the whole lot again.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
The box isn't greyed out it just doesn't have a code in it but does have the Automatic in light grey italics. You cab delete the word but it's visible again once you close & re-open QT Preferences.
I also have 'Automatic" in grey in the box, but immediately below, it says Quicktime 7 Pro, and it appears to function as QT Pro. I came across a similar question a while back (but don't remember where) and the 'solver' reckoned that some recent installs of FC update QT to Pro, but invisibly. His suggestion was to open a file in QT Player and see whether the export options for Pro are all there. They seem to be for mine.

It's annoying - I reinstalled FCS 3 times before I found an answer
Nick Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:12 AM   #8
Better than Halle Berry

Yup- reinstall FCS. You do not need a separate REG code for QT PRO if the installation goes well.

Noah
Noah Kadner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite