Cropping Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 27th, 2009, 11:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Cropping Video

I am looking to crop some video. I cropped in Final Cut Pro and The screen has remained the same size, with my cropped section stuck in the middle of the screen.

I am trying to get a cropping effect similar to the video used on this page: Joomla Website Development and Design, Web Design Aberdeen, Scotland

Anyone got any suggestions?
James Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 11:33 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Should this cropping not been easier done in flash?
Otherwise maybe go to After Effects?
Or you can do it also in Sorenson Squeeze and then export it the way you like it.
Boudewijn de Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 11:48 AM   #3
Regular Crew

What program would I need to do it in Flash?
James Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #4
Trustee

If the object is to have a person on a dropout white background, I think that key matting is what would do it, probably the man in the sample was shot on a green screen, chroma keyed out to a white background. Cropping or a garbage mask will leave some kind of outline around the subject, while a key matte will drop out the color or luma it is keyed to altogether. This requires that the background be substantially different from the subject.

If you have a substantially different brightness on your background than the part you want to keep, the luma key filter may work. / Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team

Last edited by Battle Vaughan; May 27th, 2009 at 03:51 PM.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 11:50 PM   #5
Inner Circle

It's a nice technique. As Battle says it's probably green screen & then set to a white background that merges with the white of the web page when played.. The dark suit gives very good contrast to accentuate the look. This particular video is in Flash http://www.redevolution.com/images/t.../presenter.swf & is played with a width of 180 pixels & height of 400 pixels. You can easily crop a video with MPEG Streamclip.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite