Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 13th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #1
Trustee

Is anyone using FX Factory with FCP

Is anyone using FX Factory with FCP.
I’m after some transitions that FX Factory has but it seems I have to buy the full package.
One in particular is the whoosh.
Can anyone recommend this software or is there something else on the market that I’m not aware of.
I have looked at Boris but it’s pricey.
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:41 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Why not try the 15-day free trial & decide for yourself?
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 01:12 AM   #3
Trustee

Yep I'm trying the 15 day trial. It has some great FX and some average ones.
If this was a bit cheaper I would get it but the Aussie dollar will cost me 20% more.
Is there some other FX packages out there for FCP that i'm not aware of.
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 09:22 AM   #4
Go Go Godzilla

My company has been using FxFactory Pro for almost 3 years now; it's one of the best FxPlug-based filter and effects plug-ins we've ever used and most definitely the best bang-for-the-buck.

The FxFactory application itself is quite robust and offers previews of all installed filters both NI and from other 3rd parties and customization of all Noise Industries plug-ins behaviors and parameters *before* it's activated in FCP/AE or whatever you're using it in.

Plus, they always give you more free filters when they release new versions of the main app.

Absolutely recommended.
Attached Thumbnails
Is anyone using FX Factory with FCP-picture-3.jpg   Is anyone using FX Factory with FCP-picture-4.jpg  

Old June 18th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #5
Wrangler

I absolutely love FxFactory Pro, even though I don't really have much need for most of the plugins. The great thing is that with FxFactory Pro you can design your own plugins if you have some basic knowledge of Quartz Composer.

I just finished designing my own custom plugin for stereoscopic post-production.
Dashwood Cinema Solutions

The guys at Noise Industries are really great and it looks like we'll be releasing this plugin for sale soon (via FxFactory.)
FxFactory itself is free and you can just pay for the third-party plugins you actually want to use. There are also one or two free plugins available. FxFactory Pro is not free but comes with a whole suite of plugins.

In the meantime I'm designing more plugins as I need them for my own work. The next one is a simple difference matte that will work in Apple Motion. I guess Apple never wrote a FxPlug version but I have need for it all the time! I'll probably release it as a free plugin once I've perfected it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite