DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 17th, 2009, 12:21 PM   #1
New Boot

Video playback

Until this morning Everything on my system worked fine, video played back through my external monitor via blackmagic card, capturing video was flawless. Now, I cannot capture any video using the prores codec, and video does not play through my external monitor. I believe it is a setting in the video playback but I cannot find the correct one. Here are my settings for FCP

SEQUENCE - Apple ProRes (HQ) 1920X1080 60i 48kHz
CAPTURE - Blackmagic HDTV 1080i 59.54 - Apple ProRES (HQ)
DEVICE CONTROL - Blackmagic HDTV 1080i 59.94
VIDEO PLAYBACK - Blackmagic HDTV 1080i 29.97HZ -10 BIT (1920X1080)
AUDIO - Built in Line Output

The problem I believe is the video playback, where there is no setting for 1080i 59.94, nor any ProRes settings, Which i thought I had it on when everything was working, but it does not display any. Any suggestions? My sony M35u deck is connected via hd-sdi direct to the blackmagic card, hdmi cable from the card to TV, everything worked this morning.
Jim Ronquest is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite